Monday 4 April 2011

RAFTS AND BOATS AND PLANES....


The last 3 weeks has seen me travel from France to Italy then over to China and back to France again. Quite a surreal feeling to be speeding across the Venetian lagoon in a vintage wooden speedboat one day, then up the Li River in China on a bamboo raft a couple of days later. But of all the modes of transport recently experienced, the most adrenalin inducing, buttock clenching ride was without doubt the motorbike taxi across Paris between the two major airports on my way to China. 160km per hour through the traffic jams on the peripherique was certainly an unforgettable journey, and one I shouldn't have been in a hurry to repeat, and yet for some very strange reason I found myself jumping on one on the way home..... well you just have to, don't you...... New photographs from Venice and China will be on the website soon. Above: 'Bamboo Jetty, Li River, China March 2011'.

1 comment:

Susan Furber said...

Wow... beautiful shot....