Monday 31 January 2011

UPGRADED ACCOMMODATION FOR BIARRITZ WORKSHOPS


Over the last couple of years I have gathered a lot of feedback regarding the style of accommodation I use on my various trips. This information has led me to make a change to the establishment that I shall use for the Biarritz/Landes workshops in France this year and going forward. I am upgrading the accommodation on these workshops to a wonderful boutique B&B, the Domaine de Bellegarde, a beautifully restored 19th century stately home set in 2 hectares of private wooded parkland in Soustons, in Les Landes, around 35-40 minutes drive North of Biarritz. The Domaine de Bellegarde, complete with heated swimming pool, tennis courts and a stable of bikes for your use free of charge, has been run very successfully by a young Anglo-Australian couple for the last 5 years. When I first saw the place it blew me away - the size, style and space is exceptional, and the rooms, all en suite, are fabulous. Soustons is around 5 km from the coast, and has a large lake with watersports such as sailing, windsurfing etc which is 10 minutes walk from the Bellgarde. It also has restaurants, shops, chemist, banks etc. A wonderful place to come an unwind, and of course to immerse yourself in your photography.... You can see more about the Domaine de Bellegarde at their website, www.qsun.co.uk.

1 comment:

Susan Furber said...

Wow - looks and sounds amazing!