Tuesday 17 August 2010

BEHIND THE SCENES IN THE CAMARGUE

I was lucky enough to spend a few days in the company of some very special animals recently, when I travelled down to the Camargue on the Mediterranean coast of France to photograph the magnificent wild white horses native to that area. The horses have been living in the Camargue for thousands of years, and although there are a number of theories on how they got there, no-one knows for sure. What is certain is that these lovely, gentle animals were a joy to work with and photograph, both galloping through waters and, like in this photograph above, at rest. While I don't by any means intend to turn my hand to wildlife photography, I did want to capture these animals in their natural, maritime environment. I am very excited about returning to the Camargue in October to continue my work with the horses, and will be running a workshop there in June 2011 for others who may be interested in photograph these wonderful creatures. Photo of Me and My New Friends courtesy of Keith Chaloner - thank you Keith.

2 comments:

Dairy Lee said...

I've been following your work for a while, and I have to say I find it truely inspirational.

Keep up the great work.

Jonathan Chritchley said...

Thank you very much - much appreciated.
All best,
Jonathan